For the past two years, we’ve been working on our flagship product: The MantisVR …the world’s first affordable consumer-level wireless virtual-reality glove. Here are some preliminary specifications:
- Provides a “perfect” real-time skeletal model of the user’s hand.
- Powerful on-board processor capable of gesture recognition.
- Can be used with PC(Windows 8/Linux/Mac OS X/Android) devices.*
- USB2.0 interface (DFU, Charging, and device mode).
- Bluetooth LE/4.0 wireless interface.**
- User-accessible extension ports for additional functionality/sensors.
- Durable, repairable, upgradable, and modular; by design.
- Open-source firmware.
- Can be used in conjunction with other trackers such as the PrioVR and Sixsense STEM.
- $250 MSRP (1 pair) for the ultimate VR/AR interface.
It’s currently under active-development, but nearly ready to manufacture. We’re on-track to start presenting publicly by the end of July 2014. Yeah, we slipped a little
You can sign up now to be notified when MantisVR is ready.